/  USE OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE / Get Rid of Rubbish Bin Odours and Germs

Get Rid of Rubbish Bin Odours and Germs

As the receptacle for everything from leftover food to soiled napkins, rubbish bins are a breeding ground for harmful microorganisms. No matter how clean your kitchen is, a dirty rubbish bin can attract ants, cockroaches, rodents, and bacteria. In fact, studies show that a typical rubbish bin has over 400 bacteria per square inch. Without thorough and proper disinfection, you’re running the risk of spreading dangerous bacteria and pathogens including those that cause colds and flu, E. Coli, and Salmonella. Bacteria are among the fastest reproducing organisms in the world, doubling every four to twenty minutes! To stop the spread of illness-causing microorganisms, a weekly disinfecting routine is highly encouraged. If you throw things such as wrappers with raw meat juices and used tissues into your rubbish bin, you should disinfect your rubbish bin daily. Not to mention, rubbish bins tend to smell like, well, rubbish after awhile. Regularly sanitising your bin will help eliminate foul odours in your kitchen.

So how does one properly disinfect their rubbish bin? While soap and water are great for getting rid of particles, dirt, and grime, you’re going to want to apply a solution afterwards that has potent germ-fighting power. That’s where Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM comes in.

Simply follow these steps:

  1. 1

    Wash out your rubbish bin using soap and water.

  2. 2

    Use Oxygen PlusTM with Lavender Essential Oil or pour Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM into a spray bottle

  3. 3

    Spray the whole container with the solution.

  4. 4

    Let the bin sun-dry for 2-3 hours.

Through the extraordinary disinfecting power of oxidation, hydrogen peroxide effectively kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, mould spores, yeast, and fungi to help prevent the transmission of common and serious illnesses. It’s as effective as bleach, yet breaks down into just two natural elements: water and oxygen. Unlike traditional cleaning products, Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM doesn’t contain any chlorine, alcohols, acids, or other dangerous chemical additives, so it’s safe to use around your entire family.

Hydrogen peroxide comes with the added benefits of eliminating foul odour and brightening up gross stains.

get rid of rubbish bin smells germs h2o2 uses