/  USE OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE / Disinfect Your Kid’s Lunch Boxes

Disinfect Your Kid’s Lunch Boxes

Parents, you might want to sit down for this one. Studies show that three-quarters of children’s lunch boxes are covered with mould that could lead to a number of health issues such as itchy eyes, migraines, eczema, asthma, and even aspergillosis—a potentially-serious infection. Lunchboxes have also been shown to be covered in harmful bacteria that can lead to food-borne illnesses—namely Staphylococci and Enterococci. Eating food contaminated with these bacteria can lead to serious food poisoning. This research suggests two things: adults or children aren’t washing their hands before packing and eating from lunchboxes, and parents aren’t cleaning them properly or regularly.

Simply follow these steps:

  1. 1

    Wipe off any solid matter with a damp cloth.

  2. 2

    Mix equal parts Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM and water in a spray bottle.

  3. 3

    Thoroughly spray the inside and outside of the lunchbox.

  4. 4

    Let it dry until its next use.

If you think about all the surfaces your child’s lunchbox comes into contact with throughout the day, this actually isn’t too surprising but is very concerning nonetheless. Your child probably stores their lunchbox in a bin with all other kids’ lunchboxes. Then they pick up their lunchbox—with unwashed hands most likely—and put it on a lunch table that many other kids have touched and put their lunchboxes on. No wonder kids’ lunch boxes have been found to be mobile Petri dishes!

So, what is a parent to do? The answer is surprisingly simple. Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM is a non-toxic sanitiser that is ideal for cleaning and disinfecting your children’s lunch boxes. It kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, mould spores, yeast, and fungi to help prevent the transmission of common and serious illnesses.

Hydrogen peroxide (H202) is similar in chemical structure to water (H20)—the difference is that hydrogen peroxide contains two oxygen atoms instead of one. It’s environmentally friendly and biodegrades completely into just oxygen and water, making it safe to use around your entire family. Unlike store-bought cleaners, hydrogen peroxide doesn’t contain chlorine, alcohols, acids, or other dangerous chemical additives. Known as Mother Nature’s cleaner, it’s gentle, yet very powerful and will stop any harmful microorganisms in their tracks.

hydroghen peroxide disinfect kids lunch boxes