/  USE OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE / Disinfectant Against Viruses

Disinfectant Against Viruses

Killing germs on household surfaces is nothing new—it’s something most people do when they spray down their bathroom and kitchen counters every day. During the COVID-19 pandemic, however, we’ve become more aware than ever of the importance of routinely disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces such as door handles, phones, and remote controls. With protecting yourself and your loved ones at the forefront of your mind these days, you might be wondering what you can to effectively kill viruses on household surfaces. Thankfully, there’s an easy, effective solution: Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM. Hydrogen peroxide is an all-star when it comes to stopping viruses in their tracks. It works by destroying essential components of germ cells, which immediately deactivates a wide range of microorganisms, including viruses. According to the CDC, hydrogen peroxide 3%, can deactivate the common cold virus within 8 minutes!

Simply follow these steps:

  1. 1

    Pour some Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM into a spray bottle or use Oxygen PlusTM with Lavender Essential Oil.

  2. 2

    Spray directly onto the surface you wish to clean and disinfect.

  3. 3

    Let it sit for 15 minutes.

  4. 4

    Either wipe it up with a paper towel or let it air dry.

Hydrogen peroxide has been used in the medical community for over 170 years. It’s regularly used to sterilize medical equipment and surfaces and is favoured as a hospital disinfectant over bleach because it biodegrades safely into a non-toxic mix of water and oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide has been shown to kill 99.99% of viruses such as those that cause the flu, H1N1, and oral streptococci, and COVID-19. It’s easy and quick to apply it to any hard surface including tables, counters, toys, mirrors, and much more.

There’s no need for heavy-duty, toxic disinfectants like bleach. Hydrogen peroxide is very effective, yet doesn’t contain chlorine, alcohols, acids, or other dangerous chemical additives found in traditional cleaning products. It’s odour-free, environmentally friendly, and is safe to use around your whole family. Plus, it’s a cost-effective option, as its wide range of uses eliminates the need to buy multiple cleaning products.