Save 20% on orders of 4 x 1L 3%. You'll only pay $15.24 per bottle. Plus, we're offering a 35% Discount on Accessories.

Eliminate Fungal Infections

eliminate fungal infections treatment

Did you know that most plant diseases—around 85 percent—are caused by fungal or fungal-like organisms? Once active, the fungal disease leaves plants vulnerable to more diseases and insect pests. Seeing at fungal infections are such a big source of plant disease, it’s important to know what to look for and know how to treat one should it arise. When it comes to recognizing a fungal infection in your plant, look for black or brown spots, orange spots that appear like rust, white powdery mildew, or fuzzy mould.

With more than 8,000 known plant diseases caused by fungi, it’s likely your indoor or outdoor plants may develop a fungal infection at some point during their life cycle. If you notice any of fungal infection in your plants, it’s time to take action! Before you reach for a chemical fungicide that can cause your family, pets, and the environment harm, consider a non-toxic alternative. Thankfully, there’s a safe solution that is equally effective: 

Simply follow these steps:

  1. 1

    Mix ¼ cup of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% – Oxygen Plus for PlantsTM with 4 cups of water (16:1 ratio of water to H2O2).

  2. 2

    Heavily water the plant with the mixture, making sure to get all sides of the roots to ‘flush’ the roots of the fungus.

  3. 3

    You may feel like you’re overwatering the plants, but don’t worry—you’re actually flushing out the fungal infection.

Chemically speaking, hydrogen peroxide (H202) is very similar in composition to water (H20)—the only difference is hydrogen peroxide has an extra atom of oxygen. While it might look like water, it’s certainly more powerful. Hydrogen peroxide has been shown to kill mould spores and fungi. When applied to a plant, the chemical’s two oxygen atoms attach to the fungus and oxidize or burn it. A 3% concentration of hydrogen peroxide is adequate to kill various types of plant fungus without leaving any damaging residue.

Unlike traditional fungicides, hydrogen peroxide is completely non-toxic and doesn’t contain any chlorine, alcohols, acids, or other dangerous chemical additives. In fact, it biodegrades completely into just water and oxygen. You can feel safe using it around your entire family, including your pets.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top