Disinfect Your Toothbrush
Your mouth is home to millions of germs, including those living in the plaque on your teeth, so it should come as no surprise that there are millions of bacteria living on your toothbrush as well—100 million to be exact! Even more disturbing? Studies have shown that bacteria from the toilet can end up on your toothbrush. Gross. In order to protect your health and your oral hygiene, it’s important to regularly sanitise your toothbrush and store it in a cupboard where it’s protected.
Simply follow these steps:
Pour enough Hydrogen Peroxide 3% – Oxygen PlusTM into a container to cover the head of your toothbrush.
Soak the brush head for no longer than 15 minutes.
Discard the Hydrogen Peroxide 3% – Oxygen PlusTM when done.
Rinse the toothbrush off with tap water and leave upright to dry.
The best way to disinfect your toothbrush is to use Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM, a food-grade solution made in pure distilled water. Hydrogen peroxide is an effective disinfect that can destroy essential components of germ cells and deactivate a wide range of microorganisms. It’s effective in killing bacteria, viruses, mould spores, yeast, and fungi to help prevent the transmission of common and serious illnesses.
Since your toothbrush goes in your mouth, you’re probably wondering if Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM is non-toxic. The answer is a resounding yes! Hydrogen peroxide (H202) is similar in chemical structure to water (H20)—the difference is that hydrogen peroxide contains two oxygen atoms instead of one. It biodegrades completely into just water and oxygen, making it completely safe to use around all members of your family. Unlike other disinfectants, hydrogen peroxide doesn’t contain any chlorine, alcohols, acids, or other dangerous chemical additives.
Seeing as your toothbrush is coated in food debris and mouth bacteria twice a day, it’s important to regularly disinfect it—ideally once a day. It’s especially important to disinfect your toothbrush if you’ve recently had the flu or a cold, as your toothbrush could be harbouring a virus. Sanitising your toothbrush has never been easier and more effective.