/  USE OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE / Disinfect Your Sponge And Dishcloths

Disinfect Your Sponge And Dishcloths

You use your sponge to clean your dishes and it’s usually covered in soap. How dirty could it be? As it turns out, your kitchen sponge is way dirtier than you probably think. In fact, studies have shown that kitchen sponges contain more active bacteria than anywhere else in the house—including the toilet! It has also been shown that sponges contain yeast, mould, and pathogenic bacteria such as E. coli, salmonella, and Staph. These bacteria are serious and can produce symptoms ranging from vomiting to life-threatening septic shock. Dishcloths, while not quite as dirty as sponges, also contain a myriad of potentially harmful microorganisms.

Simply follow these steps:

  1. 1

    Soak them in straight Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM, or simply spray them with Oxygen PlusTM with Lavender Essential Oil while they are sitting in the sink.

  2. 2

    Rinse with warm fresh water after 1-2 minutes.

If sponges and cloths are not properly disinfected, they can transfer germs to your countertops, appliances, and food preparation surfaces. From there, they can easily make their way to your food. Not to mention, dirty sponges and dishcloths smell bad and that odour will wind up on your dishes, countertops, and hands if you don’t do something about it.

Since you now know that your sponges and dishcloths are crawling with germs, it’s of the utmost importance that you properly sanitise them to protect your family from getting ill. You might think that you need some heavy-duty cleaner like bleach to get the job done, but we’re happy to tell you that’s not the case. Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM is a non-toxic disinfectant that kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, mould spores, yeast, and fungi to help prevent the transmission of common and serious illnesses. It acts in a similar way to bleach but does not contain any chlorine, alcohols, acids, or other dangerous chemical additives found in traditional cleaning products. Hydrogen peroxide is also environmentally friendly, cost-effective, and biodegrades into just oxygen and water.

disinfect sponge dishcloths