If you wear dentures, you may be tempted to skip cleaning them every now and then. After all, what’s the worst that could happen? As it turns out, properly cleaning your dentures daily is crucial to protecting your dentures and your oral health. Because they reside in your mouth, dentures become coated with a film that’s similar to dental plaque, which hardens if it’s not removed daily. Failing to clean your dentures every day also opens the door for harmful bacteria growth which can cause, at the very least, bad breath. Even worse than a little halitosis is the risk of possible inflammation and infection. Not only will this make your dentures not fit correctly, but over time, an infection could thin bone and gum tissue and affect your general health, too. Yikes!
Simply follow these steps:
Mix ½ cup Hydrogen Peroxide 3% – Oxygen PlusTM with ½ cup water in a bowl.
Put your dentures into the bowl and let them soak for 30 minutes.
Remove dentures and rinse with fresh water.
To remove plaque, bacteria, and stains, it’s important to clean and sanitise your dentures daily with a denture-friendly cleanser. There’s no need to buy a brand-name product—using Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM will quickly and effectively get the job done. Unlike toothpaste or baking soda which are abrasive and can leave tiny scratches on your dentures, hydrogen peroxide is gentle, yet still extremely effective. In fact, it kills 99.99% of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms to help prevent bad breath and infection.
Additionally, Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oxygen PlusTM comes with the added benefits of brightening your dentures. Say goodbye to coffee or wine stains! With hydrogen peroxide’s brightening power, your dentures will look as good as new. Whereas chlorine bleach can weaken dentures and discolour the pink plastic parts, hydrogen peroxide is gentle and will not cause your dentures any harm. Besides all these helpful benefits, hydrogen peroxide comes with the added bonus of being environmentally-friendly, affordable, and completely non-toxic.